432 Pages
Christie Chapman is a single mum who spends her days commuting to her secretarial job in London and looking after her teenage son, Finn. It's not an easy life but Christie finds comfort in her love of crafting, and spends her spare time working on her beautiful creations. From intricately designed cards to personalised gifts, Christie's flair for the handmade knows no bounds and it's not long before opportunity comes knocking.
Christie can see a future full of hope and possibility for her and Finn - and if the handsome Max is to be believed, one full of love too. It's all there for the taking. And then, all of sudden, her world is turned upside down.
Christie knows that something has to give, but can she really give up her dreams and the chance of real love? Will Christie find her happy ending in . . . Paper Hearts and Summer Kisses.
I picked this book up for two reasons:
1- Any book written by Carole Matthews I enjoy, in fact I've only recently finished The Cottage by the Sea
2 - I used to enjoy making cards when I was younger and Christie has that hobby as well
In the first 20 chapters You feel like you are in Christie and Finns life. Hoping that Christie's hobby will turn into a successful business whilst she skype's the handsome CEO in America but at the same time wanting her to dig a little bit deeper into her new travel companion Henry, who always brings her sometime to eat on the coach whilst drinking coffee, whats there not to love?
Then theres Finn, the son who's always got a constant headache and feeling tired creating a sense of foreboding and bad things to come later on in the novel
I read the next thirty chapters on the weekend, it's a right page turner! I kept saying to myself I'd only read to the next chapter, well I guess that plan flew out of the window.
The way Carole carries the rest of the story is great. The constant struggle Christie has and faces to get into London on her long and tiring coach journey to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.
Her mum and dad giving up their savings and doing anything possible to make their daughter's and grandson's life a little bit easier.
Then there's the beautifully written part of the story where Finn takes the girl out who he met at the cancer ward
Will Christie have the courage and enough talent to become successful in the creativy world
Read the book to find out yourself!
Amazon
Keep up to date with all things Carole Matthews related:http://www.carolematthews.com
Amazon
Keep up to date with all things Carole Matthews related:http://www.carolematthews.com
Comments
Post a Comment